Good evening everyone!
So seeing as today is Valentine’s Day, I am posting TWICE! Lucky you! The second post of the day is the Valentine’s Book Tag and I was tagged to do this by the lovely Jenn at jenniely.com. Now while this holiday is not my favourite nor should I imagine that a lot of people are fans of it, I do really like this tag so… here it is!
2. Link back to the person who tagged you and thank them!
3. Answer the questions (of course!)
4. You can use Taiwo’s graphic if you want but please mention them as the person who made it.
5. Tag 5-10 other bloggers.
1. What book(s) have you been given as a gift that you loved?
I think the most obvious one for me here is Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll. I watched the 1951 animated version was I was small and have loved it ever since. It is a book that I re-read over and over again. I own a crazy amount of different editions along with teapots (how could I not) and prints. I also have the Welsh version which is something I would loved to read to my children on day.
2. What book(s) would you like to give as a gift to someone else?
I think I am yet to meet a book lover that has not read at least one of the Harry Potter books. However, I am aware that there are a few people out there who have no yet delved into this literary world. My gift to someone else would therefore be the illustrated edition on Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. I think these editions are a great way to get into the story and the illustrations themselves are absolutely stunning!
3. If you could gift a random person any bookish item, what would it be?
I am going to have to go with Jenn on this one. I too would gift a Kindle. Now while mine is redundant for 50 weeks of the year (I’m not the biggest fan of e-books), I do crack it out whenever I go on holiday as I would find it impossible to pack enough books to keep my satisfied. I think they’re also great for commuting etc.
4. If you could gift a random person any non-bookish item, what would it be?
Okay, so this one in my opinion is SLIGHTLY bookish. Only because I tend to consume a great deal of tea while I read. I’ve gone for this massive mug because as C.S Lewis says, you can get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me!
5. What do you say when a person gives you a gift you don’t like?
I have a very good poker face, actually! I always say thank you and give them a big smile! I usual re-gift it then to someone who would enjoy it far more than I would.
6. Mention a book based around Valentine’s Day.
As I stated above, I’m not particularly a fan of Valentine’s Day, nor am I really a reader of romance…. I think I might have to pass this question!
7. Mention any two tips for blogging as a gift to other bloggers and to those who may want to start a blog.
– Always be yourself, everyone else is taken… as they say. You are wonderful, so be always be you!
– Don’t compare. Being a new blogger it is something that I am very conscious of. I am part of a great group called the Crone Bloggers, those of us that are a little older but still love YA, and the group is made up of loads of different bloggers and different levels. I try not to compare myself to them and just take any advice that they give me! I am very thankful to have found myself this little family!
8. Link to some posts by other bloggers that you loved or were very helpful.
Okay so my first pick is this brilliant post by Jenn about what it means to be shadow-banned on Twitter. It was something that I had never heard of prior to Jenn being shadow-banned.
Next is this lovely post from Becca. She posts these Top Tuesday posts fairly often and it is what inspired me to do the same on my blog! This is my favourite one that she has posted recently and I think it is something we bloggers and all relate too!
Okay so I tag:
Luna at bookishluna.com
Zoe at nosaferplace.co.uk
Liv at thatfictionlife.co.uk
Lia at lostinastory.blog
And if you’re reading this post right now, I would love for you to do it too! Make sure to link me on Twitter if you do!
Peace and pages