Hello my loves!
How are you all doing today? Today’s post is The Cliche Book Tag. I was tagged to do this by the lovely Amy, who is one of my favourite bloggers in the whole community!
1. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS: A Book That Wasn’t or Couldn’t Be Better Than The Movie
Okay so this is a really interesting question for me. I never watch the film before reading the book if I can help it. So for me, there is no film that is better than the book. I mean, after all, what’s better than ones own imagination!
2. THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE: A Rags to Riches or Riches to Rags Story
For this one, I’m going a little off course with my answer. I’m going to go with Skylarks by Karen Gregory. While this is not a typical rags to riches story, it is one of two young people that have very clear ideas of how the other half live. During the course of the story, they realise that all of the preconceptions they had were wrong. The go from rags to riches in the sense that the learn so much and grow as people. I love this book.
3. THE APPLE DOES NOT FALL FAR FROM THE TREE: A Parent/Child Relationship That You Love
Well what do you know, I’m mentioning Harry Potter again…. It just HAS to be The Weasley family. I love everything about their relationships. Enough said!
4. YOU CAN’T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER: A Good Book That Needs a Better Cover
Hmmmm. Unpopular opinion really but I’m not a fan of the UK paperback cover for Renegades by Marissa Meyer. It’s a shame really because I enjoyed the book!
5. YOU CAN’T PLEASE EVERYONE: A Book You Hate That Everyone loves
I don’t know whether everyone loves this book, but it had an awful lot of hype, and thats Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I just couldn’t finish it. Sorry!
6. WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER: What’s a Book That Made You a Better Person For Having Read It
There are so many books that I could choose for this questions. I think that every book I read makes me stronger or a better person in some way.
7. IGNORANCE IS BLISS: A Book That Is Bad But You Just Don’t Want to Admit It
So I don’t actually finish books that I’m not enjoying (life’s just too short!) and will never give a positive review to a book that I didn’t like, I’m all about integrity!
8. THERE IS NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT: What is Your Favourite Contemporary Book?
Honestly, I dont read a great deal of contemporary books but I’m going to have to go with Amy on this one. It has to be Geek Girl by Holly Smale. I actually have Amy to thank for introducing me to these wonderful books!
9. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY: A Book You Don’t Want to Read in Case It’s Bad
I guess theres no specific answer to this question. As I said before I don’t continue on with books that I don’t like and I don’t really start reading a book thinking I’m not going to like it…
And there we have it, The Cliche Book Tag! I’d love to see you all do this tag and if you do, comment a link to your post down below. If you’d like to see any of the other tags I’ve done you can head here.
Peace and pages